Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today ended off sad.

In Key Club, we had speakers about donating organs. It was sad hearing about the 17 year old boy who died. The speakers are his parents. I was really touched even though I heard this story last year. His twin sister was there too. What made it even harder for me was that today is their birthday. I died a little inside. They asked her how she felt without her brother. I wasn't surprised when she started crying. Truth is, my eyes were also getting all watery too. But I stayed strong. I could tell it wasn't easy for her. Some people also cried. It really was sad. Then, a freshmen fainted when we were about to start the video. That was scary. We all panicked, but she ended up waking up. That was a relief. R.I.P. Matthew Zaragoza Van Gelderen. You are in a better place now and changed the lives of so many people, including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment