Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oh man.

For some reason I keep thinking about that day. March 9, 2012 to be exact. I was in the lounge waiting for Oksana so we could go to Target. I was sitting with Angelica S, Alicia, and Wesley. I was talking to Wesley about colleges and what not. He asked me about financial aid or cost of attendance which led to the question what do my parents do? That moment right there I wasn't even thinking. It didn't strike me as off and right after I answered him, I realized it. The problem. I told him, but I said it fast so I don't think he heard it, but I told him. Just like an open book, I had nothing to hide. But I did. I didn't realize what I was telling him. It just didn't occur to me that he didn't know until after I said it. He probably doesn't know it, but I was just shocked. So for some odd reason, I keep thinking back to that moment on that day. It's like it mocks me in a way. That everything has changed and sometimes it hurts, but not often like before. It's hard to believe that it happened. I find it hard to accept and it still hasn't fully sunken in yet. We drive by  sometimes and it's hard for me. I know it happened, but I don't know, a part of me just holds onto the past. A part of me isn't willing to let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment