Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dear LA,

I thought I should address this to you since you made my week before school amazing in every way possible. So what better way to start than from the beginning?

Day 1 (Sunday): Woke up at 7:00 and left at 8:30. Took us about 5 and 1/2 hours to get there. We had some food, hung out for a while, and then my uncle surprised me by saying we were gonna go see CalPoly Pomona. I was like :O Oh dang I didn't see that coming haha. Omg the campus was freaking amazing haha. I loved it a lot. But it was massive. Glad we didn't walk around the whole place cause it was hot. I saw bunnies and squirrels around campus xD There were even ducks and turtles! I even took a picture with some ducks lol. It was a great view all around right by the mountains and near many cities so not in the middle of no where (thank goodness). I will highly consider CalPoly Pomona, but who knows
where I'm actually going to attend. Then we got back and I hung out with the cousins all day. Went out to eat dinner at East 180. There were many nice cars in the parking lot and we were naming them. I saw a giant dumpster and said oh and a garbage can xD Everyone was cracking up xD It was a very tasty dinner. I couldn't get enough haha. High class though. I can't forget what my cousin said, "In the future, we have to all eat out like this." I always wanted to do that. Someday just have dinner with my cousins like I do with my family now. It's like he read my mind lol. The lady was very nice too. My cousin ran into his friend and he couldn't get over that. Then we headed back home but we went the wrong way on the freeway xD Accidentally went to another city haha. My cousin kept saying "Lost Part 1" and so on. It was super funny. But dang, I can't forget the view I saw. It was like those pictures you see online on top of a mountain with views of a city at night. Just beautiful. On the way home, we saw this ritual going on with heckaaaa people with candles on the floor. I knew someone left this world. But the story behind it, I wasn't so sure... By the time we got home, they had to sleep, so the rest of us played Sorry. OMG. Every time I left start Justin kept switching places with me so I would get bumped back to start and couldn't leave for heckaaaaa long. Dang Justin xD I ended up getting 4th too haha. Yeah Sorry is so not a game for me.

Day 2 (Monday): Turtles from CalPoly :D My cousins went to Universal Studios so the whole house was quiet xD The rest of us ate at Baccali. Omg love that restaurant. It's really good for lunch and dinner. Their spaghetti is amazing. We always go there for dinner when we go. First time we went there for lunch. We went to the asian mall afterwards, and my mom got so many vases, flower pots, and paintings. It was crazyyyy. We went to the mall after, but Bevan couldn't go. Not enough room in the car >.> Went shopping at Westfield in Santa Anita. We ended up going to Macy's, Forever 21, Vans, Claires, Hollister, and Borders. When we were leaving Macy's, I ran into James on the escalator. I was like o.o Hi haha. Sooo random. Then we ran into each other at Vans, Borders, and when I was leaving. So weird haha. I ended up getting the floral sandals I wanted :DDD, a pair of flip flops, and Sarah Dessen's What Happened to Goodbye. Ahh I was so happy. I really wanted to go to H&M but we didn't have time to :/ Oh well. Maybe next time. Wish we could've stayed longer though. Usually we spend the whole day there. Literally haha. After we went home, we relaxed and ate dinner. Spent time with the family. Then my cousins came back from Universal Studios. We ended up playing Monopoly. Vinson ended up winning. Then we played Sorry again and Justin made me lose again. I was in rage xD But it was funny. He got 3 2's in a row which was also the Draw Again card. Super funny.

Day 3 (Tuesday): My cousins who went to Universal Studios was leaving for Long Beach so we all went and had lunch together at Green Island. I LOVED the lights haha. It was like light bulbs but around it was these napkin holders. They were massive. There was a place like Nubi's called FluffIce. Hahaha. The food was pretty good. Well except for the spicy food I accidentally ate xD I thought it was the green pepper at the bottom but it was a jalapeno and my mom thought the same so she ate it xD I don't like green peppers and she started choking xD But I really liked the rice and meat we had. After that we went vase shopping again and man it was crazy haha. Took forever again. All the kids got bored. I wandered at nearby stores. We then finally went home. All the kids and Uncle Sam squeezed in the van xD We passed by the same place where the ritual was at the other day. Bevan told us a girl was trying to cross the street and someone hit her cause there's a lot of cars that drive that way. She apparently just graduated from high school, and was in a coma. She was in the hospital and they pulled the plug. She died. I was so sad after hearing that. It was pretty hard to think afterwards. She had her whole life ahead of her. Just out of high school and got into college and everything. May she rest in peace. The night before my cousin drew pedo bear on the white board and they kept it there. Since I always take a picture of the board (I barely took one last year), both my cousins Justin told me to take a picture so I did lol. I put the smiley face somewhere at the top xD It even started raining but it was still hot there. Odd weather. It was really hot EVERYDAY haha. We took a family picture. The first in SO long. They then left for Long Beach and the rest of us used some sort of electronic for the day. We had big shrimp for dinner :D It was reallly good. Then we played PayDay, Sorry, and Chess. Brandy won at PayDay. Bevan accidentally put the cards with the rules in the deck for Sorry and it was his turn. He drew the 3 cards with the rules and we all cracked up. Everyone was laughing at the first card, then even more at the second, and we all just died laughing by the third card xD It was way too funny. I played Bevan chess and I lost. Justin played him too and he lost. Bevan's really good xD And I suck at it haha. We stayed up until 3 that night.

Day 4 (Wednesday): We had to leave on Wednesday. I really didn't want to. We went out to eat at the asian mall because they have the best wonton noodles everrrrrr. I wanted to take some home lol. It's really that good. And so much haha. I would totally move there in the future :3 Just cause I'm so familiar with everything. I even know the direction to the mall that's like 15 minutes away. I always had a good memory when it came to directions. After that we went to the bakey to get some Tiger Rolls. Man that's some reallllllllllllllyyyy good cake. I know Debora loves it lol. Gonna give her some next week. But the vanilla filling is just sooooo good. I don't think it's exactly vanilla but looks like it. Tastes even better! :D We brought like 4 or 5 home lol. It's too yummy. Then we went back to pack our stuff. We left when my aunt and Bevan were going to pick up Sunny. He seems to be doing so much better. He's really calm when we're around. He really likes PBS too. I was sitting in the living room with him the other day and that's all he watched. Even on youtube as well. I hope he gets better. He's even taller than me. Well Bevan and Justin are like a head taller than me -____- I'm just so short haha. We left. Went the whole ride without stopping and I had to go bathroom badly xD But I wanted to see if I could hold it for the whole ride. I did xD I'm so weird haha. We got home around 7:30. HAC still didn't work D: Still waiting on that. I saw the Hotdog on a Stick when Brandy told me so I took a picture of it LOL. Took pictures of many random cars haha.

Thank you for everything LA. I had a great time seeing the family, campus, cities, places, and much more. You gave me the best 4 days I've had all summer and it was great in every way. Thank you! ~Amy :]

P.S. Visiting again next summer hopefully!! :D Already looking forward to it lol.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That all sounds like so much fun. The whole thing with the rules in the Sorry game sounds hilarious.

    That board you took a pic of is sooo cool. Now I want a white board in my room. The only problem is that I have no where to put it.

    CalPoly sounds amazing but I would die trying to live in LA. If you do go, I'll visit you. I actually will. Forget the fact that it's 6 hours away and that even though we currently live 10 minutes away from each other and never see each other but forget all of that.

    Why does your mom buy soo many vases. Yes my friend, you are very strange indeed. The whole bathroom thing. Weirdo. ;D

    ReplyDelete