Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Camping.

This past weekend we went on a family camping trip and it was nice to feel like I was on vacation, even if it was only 2 days. I'm happy I finally got to spend more time with my family and enjoy nature. We got to Lake McSwain during lunch time and I sat around for an hour or so after lunch before going paddle boating with my sister. We hung out, rode bikes, played board games and cards, walking and stargazing, etc. There was so much to do but it was nice to relax. However the showers were freezing and didn't have much water, but I survived. I got to see 3 shooting stars too! The night sky is stunning there. It was like looking at a picture on Google Images but I was in awe. I wish I could see that every night. I truly appreciate nature a lot more after being out there. I'm thankful for the family bonding as well since we haven't all spent time together in a while. This was a well deserved break for me and I'm glad I had so much fun. Can't wait until next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment