Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Asian plant.

When we moved, my aunt got me this Asian plant for my room. I don't know the name of it, but I'll take a picture or something later on if I remember. I always thought it was for good luck. I take care of it everyday by watering, and I've watched it grow over the past 3 1/2 years. Lately, somethings different. The other a day, I noticed a leaf started dying. It became all yellow the next day, and it only got worse from there. I was sad just watching it die each day even though I been watering it and taking care of it. Earlier today, I noticed my mom took off that yellow leaf. I realized it was gone and it made me think as I was sitting. I realized that the plant is like my life. I was meeting more people and having more experiences while the plant grew more leaves and got bigger. I eat food everyday while I pour water into the little vase for the plant to keep it alive. We live the same life basically. Recently, things have been taking a turn in my life. Just like my plant, a leaf died. I didn't realize it until now, but it's like the plant is showing me everything that's been happening to me. Yes I know, I sound crazy right? Maybe I am, but the timing is just so spot on. I don't think this is the first time a leaf has died, but it's the only time I remember that it has. So maybe this plant is a symbol of my life ever since I moved. Maybe I'm just going crazy. Either way, I think it's a sign that it's time to move on and forget the bad. Even if it continues to happen, I just need to hope that things will change. I need to hope that people will grow up and act like adults for once. As much as I hope things settle down, I'll continue to love and care for my plant. No matter what happens, my plant won't change. At least I can count on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment