Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I wish.

Over a month ago, my mom told me to get my permit and then I can do whatever I want, go wherever I want. Now that I've gotten my permit, not a single thing has changed. I'm basically under house arrest because I go out too much to see my friends. I go out less than I did in school. Like what is this? I just want some freedom to hang out with people I may never see for a very long time. It's way better than staying at home all day doing nothing. You're unhappy that I stay home and you're unhappy I go out. Why can't you just let me do what I want. I've done everything to make you happy yet you can't return the favor. To think all this hard work would finally pay off, but it never does. I can never make you happy. My dad told my mom that I'm going out tomorrow and you know what she says? She says "You're going out again? Why don't you go out and drive since you only have a month left?" I understand that I already went out Sunday so I shouldn't for a while. That I know. But driving again? I got my permit, isn't that enough? I know I'll be gone for several months so I'll practice when I come back. I'm only taking a break because the weather is crazy hot this week. If I went to every thing I was invited to, you'd hate it even more. I don't even go to many events because I know that you'd be unhappy. I just don't know how you draw the line. I give up a lot for you, but I feel like it doesn't matter. Things will go back to the way they were before in 2 weeks. I'll be home all the time doing nothing since a lot of people are leaving. Can't I just enjoy everything now while I still have the chance? In 2 weeks, everything will be different, but that doesn't matter to you. My personal life isn't important. All that matters is driving. Even if I get my license there will be a new set of rules. Not a single thing changes. Ever. I know you're looking out for me, but going out every now and then isn't going to hurt me. To make you happy, I won't go to anything else now. I'll stay home and start driving as soon as possible. I hope you're happy cause you're getting what you always wanted. I know I'll get over this and forget about it, but right now, I wish you would give me some freedom. That's all that I ever wanted from you. Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment